At Pediatrics of Central Florida in Orlando, St. Cloud, and Kissimmee, FL, our team of eight board-certified pediatricians welcome children annually for a physical examination. Why come in every year if your child isn't sick? Well, this routine exam is a wonderful opportunity to assess your youngster's systemic, emotional, and mental health, as well as to have important milestones assessed.
What's included in an annual physical?
Your pediatrician gathers baseline information on your child. This includes:
- An assessment of vital signs (blood pressure, respiration, heart rate, and temperature)
- A review of medical history, injuries, chronic conditions, surgeries, and hospitalizations
- Weight and height (comparing these with national statistics on growth)
- Tracking development (puberty, reflexes, physical strength, and more)
- Vision and hearing screening
- A hands-on physical examination (palpation of lymph nodes and abdomen, assessment of reflexes, and an inspection of the ears, nose, throat, skin, hair, and nails)
Additionally, your doctor will update your child's immunizations (following the schedule published by the CDC and the American Academy of Pediatrics). Together, you will discuss any chronic health conditions such as asthma, allergies, and diabetes, and as the parent, you may raise any new health, learning, or behavioral concerns that you may have.
A time to talk freely
Your child's doctor may raise the topics of nutrition, fitness, sports, bullying and more age-appropriate themes, as well as complete any forms needed for sports, college, or club membership as needed. Both you and your child should feel free to ask questions on any and all health-related topics.
Additionally, if your child needs a referral to a specialist of any kind, your pediatrician will facilitate that as well. Pediatrics of Central Florida is your child's medical home. As such, the doctor will coordinate and document any special care that your child may require outside the scope of this medical practice.
Call us today
If it's time for your child's annual physical, please contact one of our four convenient offices. In Kissimmee, FL, phone (407) 846-3455 for the West Oak office. For Cypress Parkway, call (407) 933-5985. For the Orlando office, call (407) 857-2816. In St. Cloud, FL, reach us at (407) 891-0479.